Feeling relieved

I watched as the tennis ball was being hit back and forth. Pow! It went as the two players received it. I sat on the bleachers my teeth clenching as my hand was in a fist. I was mad. I was mad at how my friends were treating me. I was furious; I felt worse than a third wheel at times. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't notice Coach telling me to go up. She tapped me as I stood up. Everyone was cheering me on; I glanced behind me. People were clapping, cheering my name; I could see Coach giving me a thumbs up. I smiled, hoping my innocent smile hides all the anger my heart feels. I took my stance. The referee threw me the tennis ball. I caught it. The crowd was quiet. I could feel the tenseness creeping up my skin. I threw and whacked the ball out of mid-air. The player whacked it back with skilled force. I send it back with a curve at a chance hoping she'll miss. I wasn't concentrating. My mind was racing with what spot I was with my friends, where I should stand tomorrow. I was done at that point. It seemed as though nothing in the world mattered at that point except me and my anger. I could see the ball flying towards me; I smacked it with much force. I felt relieved each time I hit the tennis ball. Each time I hit it without caring what score I get or how my parents were going to tell at me later, I felt relieved. By the end of the match it was obvious who won. The other player threw her tennis racket into the air with pride as though she defeated an undefeated boss. I keep my head down as I struggled through the crowd of madness. Once I was free, I sprinted. To a place where I could just be alone for a second and think. I sat on the benches at the park. I placed my racket slowly next to me. Someone came sprinting up behind me. "What do you want, Beth?" I sighed.
She could tell. I knew she could tell something was wrong. Her eyes, to hard to look away from, stayed in front of my face, " You know you can tell me anything right, Hannah?"
"Yeah." I couldn't bare look her in the eyes.
She took a seat next to me as I cuddled into my legs and started crying.
" I can't do this anymore Beth! I don't be treated like trash."
" Then don't," she replied," We'll face this together tomorrow,"
She then embraced me with her loving hugs....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Until The Beginning

Hello Favorite Song of the Month