Out Of My Mind


Out Of My Mind 

Author: Sharon M. Draper
Pages: 295
Published by: Atheneum Books
Published on: January 1st, 2010

Melody is not like most people. She cannot walk or talk, but she has a photographic memory; she can remember every detail of everything she has ever experienced. She is smarter than most of the adults who try to diagnose her and smarter than her classmates in her integrated classroom - the very same classmates who dismiss her as mentally challenged, because she cannot tell them otherwise. But Melody refuses to be defined by cerebral palsy. And she's determined to let everyone know it - somehow.
My neighbor actually recommended this book. This book is beautifully illustrated. I think people should read this book. After I read this book, I look at people in different ways. I figured that everyone has feelings. Everyone has a heart and everyone has a voice even if it can't be heard sometimes. The "normal" people made me feel hurt. Draper made you feel as though you were looking through Melody's. As though you were in her world, as though you felt all the anger and betrayal she felt through out the book. So the main character is Melody; she is a disabled person with a lot to say but she can't talk. 

I like Melody. Even though her life is rough and hard, she still has a way to keep a smile on her face. Melody can be described in three words. She's intelligent, has feelings, is amazing

This book has a ton of turns. When you think things are looking up for Melody, something bad happens to her. This book is realistic. Some people might actually be able to relate to her. 

I give this book a 4/5. Some parts got really confusing because a lot was happening at once or that's just me. I get confused easily. 


I hope you enjoy this book. It was amazing. <3 ya! BAI!!! 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Until The Beginning

Hello Favorite Song of the Month