The Book Thief

The Book Thief
Author: Markus Zusak
Pages: 550
Published By: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Published On: March 14, 2006

It’s just a small story really, about among other things: a girl, some words, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist-fighter, and quite a lot of thievery. . . .

Set during World War II in Germany, Markus Zusak’s groundbreaking new novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement before he is marched to Dachau.

This is an unforgettable story about the ability of books to feed the soul.

Wow!! I am speechless.... Seriously speechless. I have never been interested in historic fiction-I don't know if I spelled that right. I'm not really interested in history to be honest. I think this book has opened me up to reading more history. This book, has really showed me a different side of the Holocaust, a different perspective. I never knew like most of these things happened in the Holocaust. Now I can say I read an educational book without being forced. I actually really enjoyed it. I thought it was interesting how Zusak wrote it from death's point of view; it was very interesting. The ending was so incredibly sad!!! It showed all the love and support given by everyone Liesel loved and everyone who loved Liesel. The end was heart-breaking. I cried.

The main character is Liesel who lives with her foster parents. Liesel is like a bad girl, she isn't that innocent face you see. She is brave and kind of fights for what's right. I have realized that a lot of characters I read about are stubborn. This girl is stubborn, unless her mama gets the wooden spoon she isn't gonna budge. 

I give this book a 4/5. It was really good but some parts were a little unclear. 


I hope you guys enjoyed!! I really enjoyed this book!! <3 ya!!! BAI!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Until The Beginning

Hello Favorite Song of the Month