Undertow

Undertow 
Author: Michael Buckley 
Pages: 384
Published By: HMH Books for Young Readers
Published On: May 5th, 2015

Sixteen-year-old Lyric Walker’s life is forever changed when she witnesses the arrival of 30,000 Alpha, a five-nation race of ocean-dwelling warriors, on her beach in Coney Island. The world’s initial wonder and awe over the Alpha quickly turns ugly and paranoid and violent, and Lyric’s small town transforms into a military zone with humans on one side and Alpha on the other. When Lyric is recruited to help the crown prince, a boy named Fathom, assimilate, she begins to fall for him. But their love is a dangerous one, and there are forces on both sides working to keep them apart. Only, what if the Alpha are not actually the enemy? What if they are in fact humanity’s only hope of survival? Because the real enemy is coming. And it’s more terrifying than anything the world has ever seen.

-------                                                                                                                                                                                                  -------

This book was a page-turner! It was so good!!!! I was in love!!! I liked it....A lot! I loved the plot. I loved everything. The characters were so cool!!! I really enjoyed the Alphas; they are really cool!!

The main character: Lyric Walker. She is the use to be bad girl and turned into a good girl for some reason. ( you have to read the book or read the spoiler ). She is this person who's been taught her whole life to be small and not call a lot of attention. She meets this Alpha prince, Fathom, who is trying to fit in, I guess you can call it. In this case, you can say that you can hate someone so much, you love them. Alphas are amazing! They are SO COOL!!!!!!! Fathom is so...woh! I love him!!! <3!! Coney Island is kind of like Starling City from the Arrow series. The Zone is like the Glades. The Zone is like the Hood. It's really trashy.

I give this book a 5/5! It was good. It had all my favorite genres, action, romance, and comedy. It was amazing! I can't wait 'till the next book comes out! NEXT YEAR!!!!!! I going crazy!!
-------                                                                                                                                                -------
I CAN'T BELIEVE HER MOTHER WAS INNOCENT!!!!!!! But I am happy her mom didn't die. I would've cried!  I CAN'T BELIEVE LYRIC CAN HEAR THE VOICE!!!!!!!! SHE IS LIKE 2/3 ALPHA AND 1/3 HUMAN!!!!!! WOW!!!! Arcade. Man. "Until death due us apart" I think Arcade was literally going to kill Lyric to be with Fathom! Since the secret is out, can Fathom and Lyric date? I mean they already kissed each other. Did Fathom's parents die? I feel like I can relate to Lyric. Maybe I am like her in several ways. I wish  I was an alpha! That would be bomb!( not literally ). Bex is so cool. She's such a supportive friend. I CAN'T BELIEVE SHADOW DIED!!!! I hate Russell! I can't believe he did that to Bex!!!! Seriously. He should get filed for sexual harassment. Wow. I can't believe Fathom actually went to Lyric's house. I wonder why Fathom didn't get that Summer was an Alpha because she said, " Your Majesty " right when Fathom entered. I bet Summer is saying in her head "He's a keeper." :P
-------                                                                                                                                                -------

I can't wait until the next book comes out!! Hope you enjoy!! <3 ya!!!! BAI!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Until The Beginning

Hello Favorite Song of the Month